At Sangwari, we visualize a world where every living being, including the poorest and belonging to the most marginalized communities, has an equal opportunity to live in good health as per their values and in harmony with the environment. Everyone has a nurturing space around them to reach a higher level of consciousness.
The mission of Sangwari is to improve the health and well-being of Adivasi and other rural communities by way of medical care, community engagement and mobilization, capacity building, research and advocacy.
1. Equity – To address equity in health and access to health; and an ability to live and thrive for every living being to its full potential
2. Compassion and empathy – Compassion and empathy towards the vulnerable, marginalized communities; towards each other and ourselves, with a desire to work together in solidarity.
3. Humility – Humility to learn and understand from people, acknowledging our limitations and being self-reflective in our work.
4. Accountability – Accountability towards systems, processes, and values.
5. Team work – Collaborative in our approaches towards our goal, as we engage with our community; with a purpose of shared responsibility and respecting diversity of people.